If you’re a creator, artist, or an entrepreneur who is trying to build your brand through Instagram, you’d have noticed in the recent weeks that the app has had drastic changes in its algorithm. The amount of reach, likes, engagements have dropped by a huge difference. If you’re wondering about why this is happening and questioning your content, you’re not to be blamed. Instagram’s new update restricts your reach to a very select number of audience based on interactions.
Instagram is another social media platform that’s owned by Facebook. Remember how the organic growth potential kept dropping over the years on Facebook? The same is happening now on Instagram. Soon, your organic reach might even drop to zero. Only when people see your content will they follow you, and you can expand your business, and this decline in discovery can be troublesome. As its a given, social media business is all about advertising, Instagram wants us to try their paid promotions, which may not be convenient for most creators who have a small scale business.
The reach’s decline is indeed demotivating artists and creators, but it’s also true that there are a few tricks and ways to make Instagram a better place to reach people for you and fellow creators.
1) Be consistent. You don’t have to post every day to have good engagement, but even if you’ve planned to post once every 3-4 days, keep it regular and don’t miss your schedule. If you have the habit of posting every day, missing a few days in between can create a negative impact on your audience.
2) Support fellow artists. Make sure to like, share, and encourage pages from your niche. This will help reach out to more people with the same interests as yours.
3) Keep your followers interested and engage with them. It is essential to have a healthy relationship with the people who follow you and make sure to respond to all enquires as possible.
4) Find your best time to post. Check your insights to find out when your followers are most active and post accordingly to have maximum engagement.
5) Do your thing. Be creative, get crazy, and create what you love. You’ll get what you deserve, maybe not always in the way we expect.