- TamilNadu government announces fresh restrictions in the wake of surge in Covid19 cases.
2. Ban on religious gatherings and festivals from April 10.
3. Restrictions imposed on small traders at Koyambedu market in Chennai from April 10-
4. Passengers will not be allowed to stand and travel in govt and private buses.
5. Only 50% customers allowed in vegetable and grocery shops, tea shops, restaurants, large format stores, big showrooms, malls etc.- Shops in the state allowed to function only till 11 pm.
6. Only 50% occupancy allowed in recreational clubs, entertainment parks etc- Multiplex, theatres can allow only 50% occupancy.
7. Only 200 people allowed for educational, political, social, cultural, sports indoor meetings/ events etc.. 100 people allowed for weddings and 50 for funerals.
8 No audience allowed for sports events at stadiums.
9. Only 3 people allowed to travel in cabs and 2 in autos.
10. E registration system to continue for Inter-state passengers and international passengers.