I. Periyasamy is the former minister for revenue and housing in the Indian state of Tamilnadu under the DMK regime from 2006 to 2011. He was born in Batlagundu on 6 January 1953. His son I.PalaniKumar is also an MLA in palani constituency Tamil nadu.
Athoor I.Periyasamy :
Athoor is constituency under Dindigul District. In the 2021 elections, there were a total of 2,91,442 eligible electors, of which 1,40,273 were male, 1,51,143 female and 26 registered voters were of the third gender.In the 2021 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, the voter turnout was calculated at 77.96%.
I.Periyasamy was a consitent winner of Athoor constituency, whoever is the opponent it doesn’t matter, but he will won in that constituency without any doubt.
- 1986-1991 Chairman, Batlagundu Union
- 1989-1991 member of Tamilnadu legislative assembly
- 1996-2001 Minister for small industries and noon meal in Tamil nadu government
- From 2006 to 2011 Minister for Revenue and Housing in Tamil Nadu government.
- Elected in 2011 Legislative Assembly election From Athoor. 2011-2016 Member, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly in opposition party
- Elected in 2016 Legislative Assembly election From Athoor.
- From 2016 Member, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly
Now he won the 2021 Tamilnadu Assembly election with a huge margin vote difference than Leaders like EPS & Stalin.
With a vote margin of around 1,34,082 recorded for DMK candidate I.Periyasamy. A total of 20 candidates contested in the 2021 elections opponents lost their deposit.