1.The Director of the movie Alphonse puthren said in an interview that, Initially the role of George was allocated to Dulquer salman but due to call sheet and situation problem. We choose Nivi pauly over him.
2. For the first time ever in a south Tamil cinema, A police operation team was known as “ Operation Gurukulam “. When the movie was released in Kerala, most students bunked their academics to watch the film. The main objective of this team is that “Any student found at the theatre will be taken to the school or college where they are studying.”
3. The movie ran for Chennai’s most iconic theatre in Sathyam cinemas almost 300 days and ran 250 days in Tamil Nadu. Premam is the only Malayalam movie which ran almost 300 days in the 21st century.
4. The movie featured with 17 debutant actors including ,
- Sai Pallavi as Malar, a Tamil girl also a guest lecturer
- Madonna Sebastian as Celine George
- Anupama Parameswaran as Mary George
5. Premam is the movie which paved the way for many tamizhans to watch Malayalam movies.
6. The director Alphonse Puthren itself worked as an editor of the movie.